The next version of Ubuntu is coming soon

Saturday 20 June 2009

Azureus (Vuze) Problem with Flash Player

I had installed Vuze in my Fedora 10. Installation went fine. But when I started Vuze it asked me to install Flash Player. It asked not once, but twice. I told to myself, "whats wrong with this Vuze?" I have already installed flashplayer then why is it asking me again to install it? Rest everything was fine with Vuze. It was downloading as well as seeding. No issues with its functionality. But whenever I start this app I always used to get this message which was frustrating me. So I tried to figure out the problem. I realized what the problem was and did some small changes to my Fedora 10. All was working fine, until I upgraded my Fedora 10 to Fedora 11. The upgradation from Fedora 10 to Fedora 11 had not issues. But post upgradation had lots of problems which I will post it later. So again I had to do the same procedure. The changes which I made were:

Firstly, go to the plugins directory of Vuze. For example I installed the Vuze in /usr/bin/vuze
cd /usr/bin/vuze/plugins
Then find the libflashplayer.so file which is responsible to play the flash content.
locate libflashplayer.so
You should get the output something like
/usr/lib/mozilla/plugins/libflashplayer.so
/usr/lib/xulrunner-1.9/plugins/libflashplayer.so
/usr/lib/xulrunner-1.9.1/plugins/libflashplayer.so
Then create a soft link to any of these output. Note that the file should contain libflashplayer.so only and not anything else.
ln -s /usr/lib/mozilla/plugins/libflashplayer.so
or
ln -s /usr/lib/xulrunner-1.9/plugins/libflashplayer.so
And run
ll -s
And you should see something like

libflashplayer.so -> /usr/lib/xulrunner-1.9/plugins/libflashplayer.so

Restart Vuze and job done. You should not get the message again.
Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

1 comment:

  1. This site interest me a lot because of your good insight about the topic. its informative with lots of ideas
    Vuze

    ReplyDelete